Operation Grendel: Coming March 2021
Limited Edition, Hardcover
Pre-Order Available Now!
Military journalist Raymin Dahl thinks he’s finally getting the story of a lifetime. Envoys to secret peace talks on a remote tropical moon are about to surrender five colonized worlds—and six hundred million civilians—to a ruthless enemy.
But when his commanding officer is fatally wounded before the negotiations can begin, Dahl is told to do more than just report on the mission; he’s ordered to complete it. With the help of the AI embedded in his new comms bracelet, Dahl must impersonate Captain Ansell Sterling, Marine Corps hero and psychological operations expert.
Daniel Schwabauer is an award-winning author and teacher. He is the creator of The One Year Adventure Novel, Cover Story, Byline and the young adult novels in The Legends of Tira-Nor.
His professional work includes stage plays, radio scripts, short stories, newspaper columns, comic books and scripting for the PBS animated series Auto-B-Good. His young adult novels, Runt the Brave and Runt the Hunted, have received numerous awards, including the 2005 Ben Franklin Award and the 2008 Eric Hoffer Award.
He graduated with honors from Kansas University’s Masters program in Creative Writing in 1995 under the guidance of science fiction writer James Gunn.
• Operation Grendel (Coming March 2021 from Enclave Publishing)
• Byline (Clear Water Press 2017)
• The Curse of the Seer (AMG/Living Ink Books 2015)
• Runt the Hunted (AMG/Living Ink Books 2014)
• Cover Story (Clear Water Press 2013)
• Runt the Brave (AMG/Living Ink Books 2012)
• Other Worlds (Clear Water Press 2010)
• One Year Adventure Novel (Clear Water Press 2008)
• The Amazing Gospel (Crosswind Comics 2007)
• Ulla (Escape Pod, 2006)
• The Monster Trap [for PBS] (Wet Cement Productions, 2005)
• Amazing True Life Stories #2 (Crosswind Comics 2003)
• Troubled House (CWP 2003)
• Amazing True Life Stories #1 (Crosswind Comics 2001)
• 2008 Eric Hoffer Award – YA Fiction
• 2007 National Best Books Award
• 2005 Ben Franklin Award – Best New Voice in Children’s Literature
• Foreword Magazine Book of the Year Award Finalist
• Independent Publisher IPPY semi-finalist
• Grant K. Goodman Playwright Award
• Nebula [recommendations]